Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day one of my birthday celebration….



I am so thankful to all of you who called, emailed, facebook greeted and came to visit me on my birthday. I felt very loved and special. My day started with a pot of coffee and a very mushy beautiful card from my amazing man (thanks Kev, I love you more than you’ll ever know).

Then is was off to Rock climb and Zip-line with the cubs.

Here’s the 60 foot wall at the course.


Here is Maurice and Sean laughing at the kids’ reaction as they point out the wall.



Maurice took a lot of time explaining the equipment and the rules to the kids.



Gavin and a few of his friends started having second thoughts.



But in the end, the adventure was just too alluring. These are just a few shots of Gavin. I have tons of all of the kids but you would be here for days viewing them.

















Gavin and his buddies were anxiously awaiting their fourth amigo's jump. Michael had some reservations and climbed back down the wall shortly after he got started but after a little talk with Maurice, decided to go for it. He was really glad afterwards, in fact, he went a second time after winning the award for perseverance. Good job Michael, we love you buddy.










Then if was off to California Pizza Kitchen with my pal Kerry who greeted me with a balloon. We had a fabulous time (funny story about that later).



And finally that evening we had dinner at our place with some of our very best friends. Jason and Amanda came over with their girls, bringing both food and fun, not to mention birthday gifts. We also had a surprise visit from our good friends Bill and Traci.







And more celebrating on the way. Gavin and I are heading out to my Rancho today to spend the day with Kevin’s family.

No comments: