Wednesday, November 4, 2009

More things I'm thankful for.

 
Posted by Picasa


“Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting”.

One thing I love about getting older is that the monetary value of things is far less important to me than the intentions of the heart. I have friends in every financial circle there is. One friend was living in a home without utilities for quite some time. Another man I know has been living out of his truck. I also have friends whose financial limitations are few. I love them all for what they represent. They make me thankful to the core that we live in a free country, that we’re not governed by class. Success stories of those who have risen from the ashes and soared to new heights are endless because we’re a country that still has middle. Thank God we still have middle.


My friends with money are ALL generous to a fault. They use their positions to bless others. They are involved with churches and charities and I’m thankful to be a part of their lives. They inspire me to share what I have although personally we are not in the same position, it’s all relative. They never EVER make others feel as if they owe them a thing. Their generosity comes from a pure heart and they seem almost embarrassed by any gratitude shown. I love that.

I have another friend who though she isn’t in the same financial circle, her heart is every bit as generous and giving if not more so. She delivers her thank you notes in person accompanied by a plate of home made goodies. I love that.

She often initiates sleepovers at her house when she senses that life is just a bit too stressful and I could use some alone time resting in the company of my husband. I’ve never asked, she just knows. I love that.

She’s unbelievably generous with her time and talent. I’ll never forget the things she’s done for me. She invites people into her life and makes them feel loved, and I do.

My friends whom are presently living with unthinkable challenges inspire me to near tears at times with their bravery, their optimism and with their faith and I am more thankful than you could imagine for the roof over my head, hot water and the bargain brand, coupon clipped food that sits in my pantry. I would offer it all to them if they were near. How could I ever resent being on a budget when truthfully, I should be thankful just to have one.

I want you to know, whether you visit my blog often or just now and then….If you’re reading this, I’m so thankful for you. This morning I took inventory of the people I know and each one of you has made an impact on my life. If I gathered up all of your strengths and talents into one package it would be more than I could ever hope to be. You inspire me….and I hope to rise to the occasion and shine light right back at’cha.

I don't think I'll wait until next November to reflect on what I’m thankful for. Everyday is precious. Every person is precious. It’s a scary thing to make oneself vulnerable but LIFE…is precious, too precious to waste time being offended and building walls to protect ourselves from being hurt because those walls also prevent us from feeling loved and there’s no greater gift.

To those of you that have shown me love and kindness…..Thank you!

No comments: