Monday, January 11, 2010

SUMMING UP LAST YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS

So how did we do with last year’s goal setting?

Donna

• Lose weight (REALLY? AGAIN?)
Bahahahahahahahahah………NEXT! No actually, I did manage to lose about 15 pounds but that is not quite what I was aiming for… Half a check.

• Keep a tighter budget and earn from home.
Well, the budget is set and I did go back to work part time in September so I’m going to give this one a check mark,

• Add 2 new friends.
CHECK! Two new fabulous ladies have been added to “the girls” Leslee Meyer and Miss Jody Peerless Green. I just love these girls….both are very funny AND fun to be with.

• Add 5 more favorite books (how many will I need to read to find them?)
CHECK! I read an additional 12 books to my usual reading and absolutely LOVE the Twilight series and also, The Time Traveler’s Wife. GREAT books!

• Purge and organize entire house. Less is more.
Hmmmmm, half a check. I have made huge headwayhere but it’s not as “purged” as I would like it.

• Add thirty new recipes.
GONG!!! I think I’ve added about 5 new recipes that I use regularly. I’ll set a more realistic goal this year.

• Take more photography classes.
Half a check…..I didn’t enroll in an actual class but I’ve spent countless hours reviewing articles and video classes on the internet.


• Show my family and friends how much they mean to me. Deepen relationships.
Again I think I get a half a check for this. I have really attempted to show my immediate and extended family some love by offering support, encouragement and whatever services I have to offer (camera ready) but I could have done more.

• Serve more, complain less.
GONG!!!! I can’t even comment on this right now…..

• And always….try to be a better wife and mom.
Still working on this. I have a feeling this is one of those goals that not only will never be fully realized and probably shouldn’t. I hope it will always be at the top of my list.

Kevin

• Lose weight, get healthier.
Half a check… Stressful year for my honey. He hasn’t had the time to get out and get his muscles working. He has however revised his lunch menu to be healthier.

• Read more books.
GONG!

• Spend more time reading with Gavin.
CHECK! Good job honey. They’ve been reading “Everyday With God” several times a week.

• Get the guitar out and build a new pedal.
Half a check….He’s about 2/3 of the way finished with his pedal building project.

• Teach Gavin how to play the guitar.
GONG!

• Organize the garage (REALLY? AGAIN?)
GONG! GONG! GONG!...What? I’m just sayin’….

• Lay flagstone in the backyard.
MAJOR CHECK! It’s beautiful.

• Add one new good friend.
I don’t think he’s added a new friend but he has definitely deepened relationships with some acquaintances. Great guys too.

• Join a new bible study group.
GONG!


Gavin

• Stick to a better schedule.
CHECK!
• Add 2 new friends
CHECK! Our two little neighborhood friends have become fixtures around here. We love Bryan and Sierra…

• Eat healthier (what mom makes for me.)
CHECK! We got really serious about this when we weighed him one night and found that he’d lost about 4 pounds (he’s only in the 5 percentile as it is).
• Play outside more with friends. Less Wii&DS.

CHECK! The three amigos practically live on their scooters and bikes.

• Swim lessons
GONG! Mom and dad blew it on this one. Not enough time last summer.

1 comment:

Juany said...

Donna you got to teach how to work my camera? getting a little fraustrate it!