Friday, January 22, 2010

BEST Husband in the World

Of course you all know how fantastic my husband is and that he is truly is my prince charming, my hero, my........Edward :) NO!, scratch that, he has the charm and chivalry of Edward mixed in with the warmth(literally, he is one HOT dude) and loyalty of Jacob. I could go on for days listing the many reasons I adore him but the biggest reason that Kevin is the man of my dreams is that he GETS me. He knows what makes me tick. For our 20th anniversary a couple of years ago he took me to my faaaaavortie restaurant and presented me with a little box.....when I opened it, there was a picture of the fantastic camera which I now own and love. He said "I was going to buy you diamond earrings but....I thought you would love this more" HE GETS ME!


This year he asked me to wait a couple of weeks for my birthday gift...I had a feeling that I wouldn't be disappointed......PRESENTING... The Canon 430 EX II Speed flash....... YES!!!!!!!!



This little baby creates PERFECT lighting indoors and captures tiny details outdoors not to mention eliminating unflattering shadows and washout. This is just a random photo I took with no staging and it was just the first shot right out of the box but I want to show you something.



The camera's pop-up flash would have completely washed this out and caused the background to look almost black. It also would have cast a blue-ish tint to the photo losing all of the detail on the Little birdbath,

The speed flash works WITH the camera's exposure setting, in this case an ISO of about 1600, illuminating the subject while at the same time maintaining the true background lighting which gives the picture more depth and dimension as I mentioned revealing more detail on the subject.

BEST husband in the world. If you've known us for any length of time, you understand how important making memories are to us and catching every moment of our one and only pride and joy. Let me tell you, those captured moments just got a lot more vivid.

I was thinking about the old Madonna song "Material Girl" and how I'd always taken pride in proclaiming my lack of interest in...things I'm afraid I'll have to revise my proclamation. I'm not interested in the SAME....things that seem to cause other girls to drool over (although I do love my Brighton) but my camera gear is definitely my material obsession.

Thank you Kevin, not just for the gift but for spending the last 22 years figuring me out. I LOVE YOU!

Now.....Next order of business....shopping for my new lens. My brother and sister-in-law gave me a big chunk of money as my Christmas/birthday gift to put towards my lens. Thank you Jan and Camile...I can't wait to bring it home and figure it out. Hawaii, here we come.



No comments: